Discuss, develop, partner, launch
This registration type is designed for organisations that want to use our API standards with other registered Standards Users. Being a Standards User gives your organisation the opportunity to partner, shape the future of API standards, reduce duplication of effort and accelerate innovation.
Special introductory offer
Apply to become a Standards User before 30 August 2019 and you’ll receive 30% off the annual fee for the first year.*
*Eligibility and conditions:
- Excludes Payments NZ clearing system Participants.
- Your application form needs to be received by midnight on Friday 30 August 2019.
- Subject to meeting the Standards User criteria, agreeing to the terms and conditions, and approval of your application, you’ll receive confirmation that you have received this offer.
- This discount applies to the first 12 months of the registration only.
In terms of partnering and using the standards, registered Standards Users can:
- Use the API standards with other registered Standards Users through bilateral agreements.
- Use an optional template to create the bilateral agreements.
- Access, comment and contribute to all lifecycle versions of API standards in Confluence.
- View and input into code specifications of API standards via GitHub.
- Use our sandbox to test and develop innovations.
- Have their business development contact details available to other registered Standards Users in a secure area of the API Centre website for discussing partnering opportunities.
In addition, Standards Users:
- Have input into the API Council and the work programme.
- Have access to API Council meeting agendas and minutes through the API Centre website.
- Can have up to two representatives on both the business and technical working groups.
- Can be invited to special ad hoc working group sessions.
How to become a registered Standards User
- Check you meet either the API provider criteria or third party criteria.
- Register your interest online.
- We’ll get in touch to discuss your needs and provide more information, including an indicative annual fee.
- If you decide to proceed we’ll send you an application form.
- Your completed application is considered by the Chief Executive of Payments NZ.
- If approved, you’ll be sent the terms and conditions to sign and an invoice for the annual fee.
- Once these steps are complete and payment has been received, you’ll be a registered Standards User.
- Our onboarding team will provide you with the necessary system login credentials and help you to get started.
The annual fee for Standards User registration is based on organisation size determined by company turnover or a Bulk Electronic Clearing System Participant’s net interchange volume. We’ll discuss the fees with you on application.
More about partnering
To deliver a product or service to market which uses the standardised API endpoints of an API provider, you’ll need to enter into an agreement with them. Before an API provider can enter into an agreement with you, it will need to undertake its own due diligence, including Know Your Client (KYC), Anti Money Laundering (AML) checks and risk management assessments. Both parties will then need to agree the terms on which the APIs will be accessed and used.
To facilitate API Standards Users entering into partnerships, the API Centre has developed an optional template bilateral agreement that can be used. The template includes drafting options for key commercial terms and general legal terms. Some of these terms may not be suitable for all arrangements and parties can tailor the template to meet their bilateral agreement requirements.
In this section
API provider criteria
Learn more about our API provider criteria before registering your interest.Read more
Third party criteria
Learn more about our third party criteria before registering your interest.Read more
Current Standard Users
See a list of API providers and third parties who are registered Standards Users.Read more