Your privacy is very important to us and all personal information which you provide to us is managed in accordance with this policy. By supplying your personal information to us, or by using our website www.paymentsnz.co.nz, you consent to the practices set out in this policy.
Collection, use and storage
In carrying out our functions, we may collect, store, use and disclose personal information. This may relate to our staff, professional advisers, representatives of our Participants and Members, and other people who engage with Payments NZ.
We collect the following types of information:
- Physical, postal and email addresses.
- Telephone numbers.
- Curricula vitae and any information in relation to criminal convictions.
- Employment experience and expertise.
- Referee and reference details.
We use this information to:
- Process applications for participation and membership.
- Consider applications for employment.
- Engage consultants.
- Develop and deliver services and benefits to our Participants and Members.
- Facilitate industry forums.
- Maintain registers and records consistent with the governance of the payment system.
- Provide networking opportunities and ecosystem engagement.
Payments NZ collects this information through the following channels:
- Direct contact with Participants and Members
- Participant or Member application forms.
- Our website.
- The provision of services and benefits to Participants and Members.
- Networking events.
In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, any personal information which is disclosed to us is held securely and we only use and disclose it for the purpose for which it was provided or when legally required.
The personal information you provide will only be used in connection with your use of our website, to communicate with you in relation to your use of our website or when required by statutory authority.
Our website also uses Google Analytics. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes your data, please see the site How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps (https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites).
The cookies we send to your PC cannot read your hard drive or command your computer to perform any action.
If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you may not be able to access the website portal Connect or obtain full access to all content within the portal.
Transmission of data over the internet cannot be guaranteed as totally secure. While we take all reasonable steps to protect personal information obtained through our website, information provided to Payments NZ over the internet is at the risk of the organisation providing it.
Personal information is only held by Payments NZ for as long as the information is needed. When the information is no longer required to be held, we will destroy this information securely.
We retain personal information which is contained in board, committee or working group papers or minutes.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong.
If you would like to contact us in relation to any matter regarding personal information which we hold in relation to you, please contact us at:
Payments NZ Limited, Level 6, Simpl House, 40 Mercer Street, PO Box 11418, Wellington or [email protected]