The API Business Group provides advice to the API Council on the strategic direction of the service and the standards development activities. It has no decision making or approval rights. The API Business Group is governed by terms of reference that are approved, and amended as required, by the API Council.
Members of the API Business Group are required to act in the best interests of the API Centre. The group’s responsibilities include:
- Providing advice to the API Council on strategic direction.
- Developing a recommended annual API standards development plan and subsequently managing the delivery.
- Developing business requirements for new or modified API standards.
- Providing ad hoc business issue resolution in relation to API standards development.
- Giving direction to the API Technical Group.
The API Business Group is made up of API Centre facilitators and representatives from registered Standards User organisations. The Payments NZ management team can nominate up to four API Centre facilitators. Up to two representatives can be nominated from each registered API Provider and Third Party. Members do not have to be represented in the API Council.