To be eligible for Standards User registration as an API Provider you must:
- be a New Zealand registered bank, New Zealand non-bank deposit taker, or an entity prudentially regulated by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand or Financial Markets Authority (FMA),
- issue and provide bank accounts to your customers using the Payments NZ standard for bank account formats, and
- have a genuine business interest in the use of APIs developed using the API standards.
You’ll also need to:
- sign an agreement with API Centre accepting the Standards User terms and conditions, and
- pay your annual registration fee.
Registered API Providers are also entitled to act as a Third Party.
To start the joining process, complete the expression of interest form.